The Little Bonnechere River is an ideal destination for school trips that blend natural and cultural heritage education with outdoor active play.
2022 School Trips - Cancelled due to COVID
We will help you plan a day of experiential outdoor activities based on a wide variety of themes and topics, including:
• Play turtle tag
• See and touch life-size models of Ontario at-risk turtles
• Learn how to help save turtles
• Excavate an archaeological square
• Screen soil for artifacts
• See, touch and repair artifacts
• Play pioneer games
• Leave a message on the chalk-talk board
• Visit the Book Tree: Take a book, leave a book, read a book!
Designed to Move
Turtle Survival - What are the Odds?
Turtles and the Ecosystem
Pioneer Chores and Games
SAMPLE SCHOOL TRIP AGENDA
Arrive at Bonnechere Provincial Park
9:45 am to Noon
Interpretive outdoor program including running, seeking and sensory games, and role-playing activities featuring the natural and cultural heritage of the Ottawa Valley.
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
A second experiential program OR recreation time on the beach including games and swimming (schools must provide lifeguards).
Depart for home
Modified programming and indoor facilities are available in the event of inclement weather.
Bus transportation to Bonnechere is the responsibility of the school.